Polar Bear Family Activity Pack
February 27th is International Polar Bear Day so to celebrate them I’ve created some fun activity sheets! To promote team work, these pages are meant to be done as a family but can be used as a homeschool resource instead for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd graders.
Polar Bear Fun Facts
- their skin is actually black, not white but since their fur is translucent, and only appears white because it reflects visible light.
- the polar bears scientific name means “sea bear”
- they can be found living in 5 different countries: United States (Alaska), Canada, Russia, Greenland, and Norway
- these guys can swim for days in open water without rest and can swim up to 6 miles per hour.
- polar bears are classified as marine mammals and are the only bear species to be considered marine mammals
- male polar bears can weigh as much as 10 men and are twice the size of females.
- they have a very strong sense of smell, which they use to find seal breathing holes in the ice. Once it has found the hole, the bear will wait patiently until the seal comes up for air to attack. They can even detect a seal in the water beneath a meter of compacted snow.
Scroll down for your free Polar Bear Activity Pack
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you but I only recommend products that I actually use and love. Read the full disclosure here.