Meet The Tattooed Momma
Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate you – The Tattooed Momma
Growing up, I detested the thought of having to cook because I felt everyone expected me to do it since I’m a girl. As a result I rebelled and cooked about 10 meals in my life before getting married.
Fast forward to present day where I now love cooking. Getting creative in the kitchen while making wholesome meals for my family is one of my biggest passions. Since my husband doesn’t expect me to do it, I want to do it. And even though he’s one of those manly man mans, he will gladly take over in the kitchen any day.
Besides that, homeschooling our little babies, creating a beautiful home, and bringing our kids along for everything is what we do best.
I started making videos because I found myself answering the same questions a lot.
Once I uploaded my first video, I got such good feed back from coworkers and friends that I was fueled to do more!
1 year later I created the blog, The Tattooed Momma. I love making videos but I needed a place to provide you all with templates, more resources, better links, etc.
I grew up half in coastal California and the other half in country California (divorced parents) so growing up was pretty much perfect since I had full access to city life and country life. 1 day you could find me at the beach and the next I’d be out hunting rabbits for dinner. Once I turned 18, I packed up and chose to move to the country hills of California full time.
I married David when I was 21 and we welcomed our first baby 2 years later. Becoming a mom is what started my everything-must-be-home-made kick. As a result, I started making home made pureed baby food and now almost every meal our family eats is completely from scratch. But my favorite from scratch food to make is yogurt, sourdough bread, and frozen popsicles!
Above all, our family loves all things outdoors. Anything from hiking, fishing, hunting, off roading, back roading, dirt bike riding, and everything in between.
9 Fun Facts About The Tattooed Momma and family
- I met David when I was 8 years old (he was 11) while off roading to the waterfall in the back hills. We went on our first date in 2012, got engaged 2 weeks later, and married 5 months after that.
- I’ve won an award for “Most Angelic Voice”.
- I never wanted to be a stay at home mom but wouldn’t have it any other way now.
- Dave and I got married at the same waterfall we met at as kids.
- My husband and our babies are all registered Choctaw Native Americans.
- I am the eldest of 8 kids.
- Growing up I was either in All Star Cheer or HS cheer.
- Eventually, my dream is to have 8 kids of my own, whether that be naturally or adoption.
- I learned I could sing at age 5 by wailing out to Loretta Lynn songs. She’s still my favorite artist and our daughter is named after her.